除了我自己的3把﹐我過去在在市面上看到 Tony Hunt 的吉他不多﹐只有5把。
Mosrite by Tony Hunt:

Nokie Edwards' by Tony Hunt

Mini Guitar by Tony Hunt

1) 一個澳洲人在 eBay 賣 12 string Hunt Classic guitar 要價 $5000﹐可是2天後就不見了﹐還好我照片留下來了, 背後沒有 Hunt 的招牌防刮貼布。



2) 1把 Pro Classic Hunt guitar 在 eBay 賣, 背後也沒有 Hunt 的招牌防刮貼布。

兩把

Pro Classic, Classic都是 Tony Hunt 自創的品牌。
Wally; my band member friend's Tony Hunt Pro Classic. He ordered this guitar directly from Tony 20 some years ago.

3) 這把是Nokie 賣給 Tokyo Ventures 的吉他手的另一把: 我唯一找到的照片﹕吉他手叫 Okamoto﹐是我日本朋友提供給我的。


1980's custom shop on eBay:
".....This item is a Custom Hunt electric guitar - Walnut Ridge Model - Other than that I can say that this guitar is in above average condition...no scratches, dents or dings.also there is a engraved tag on the back - La Derniere Chanson - ( translated means "The Last Song" ) I have no doubt this guitar was built for someone special ( but I have no idea who )....I believe this guitar wasbuilt in the late 60's & it comes with case it also has all kahler hardware...Solid walnut.."

1978 eBay listing asking $5000

".....This is a rare vintage 1978 hand crafted Tony Hunt Custom guitar finished in Carnival Burst from my personal collection. This the only one of this kind that I've seen. Condition is near mint with the usual nitro finish checking for a guitar of it's age. One of the back pad snaps is broken. Dated and signed by Tony on the back of the headstock. Features a pair of Gretsch pickups that sound awesome. The white mini toggle is for spit and phase, with the red mini toggle being a kill switch. This guitar is a work of art. Tony built guitars here in central Arkansas, and the number of guitars he made is low. I don't know if he is still building because I haven't seen him in a long time. Tony built guitars for Mosrite and others. He also built guitars for the Ventures, and story has it that this one was used on one of their tours. You can get more info if you google Tony Hunt Guitars. Comes with hardshell case to protect her. Don't miss out on this guitar before I come to my senses!....."
This one is on eBay (10/10/09) asking for over $9495!

Description on eBay:
"......I collect guitars for many reasons.
All of those reasons apply to this guitar.
As with all art, there are unique and rare pieces that were created by an artist who, for whatever reason-mostly economic, simply stopped. That certainly appears to be the situation with Tony (Anthony) Hunt. The blog posts listed below give a good, concise, history of this luthier. He was an artist (and still remains an artist-but inactive now). When offered this guitar by a dealer about ten years ago, I bought it immediately based on the pictures that he mailed to me. It held this fascination for me from the beginning because it is made of TEAKWOOD. A bit unusual in my experience. Once I received the guitar, I declared it a PERFECT guitar. It is a piece of art.
The wood is spectacular and the craftsmanship is unbelievable.
Even though it is enough for me to just hold it as an object of art, the sound quality of the guitar makes it a joy to play as well. The electronics are very well done as is the structure of the guitar (neck curve, body style, fretboard, frets etc).
An essential component of collecting is the acquisition of pieces that are special in terms of rarity in supply, craftsmanship, quality, celebrity connection, condition, and other factors. This guitar is special. If you are only a guitar player, then this is not the guitar for you perhaps. There are many excellent o(boutiqueo- guitars available today that will play better than this one especially McInturff pieces) but none will be a piece of art that will be treasured as such. It is tragic maybe that Mr. Hunt stopped making guitars (this was one was made for a doctor in his community)
commercially but it is very fortunate that he made this guitar for all of us to admire and respect......"
DETAILS:
BRAND: HUNT.
MODEL: SERIES 1, BALI' HA'I'
BODY: TEAKWOOD.
BODY FINISH: Natural.
NECK: TEAKWOOD.
FRETBOARD: TEAKWOOD.
FRETS: Jumbo.
PICKUPS: DUAL CUSTOM WOUND by Mr. Hunt. Humbucker style. NOTE: CUSTOM
WOOD COVERS ON PICKUPS.
TUNERS: GROVER IMPERIAL
CASE: Not sure that it is original but is in excellent condition.
OVERALL CONDITION: PRISTINE. Please look at the photos here to satisfy
yourself about it condition. Note. One small crack on headstock that is fully secure.
This one was on eBay 2/7/10. Started at $2500, did not sell
CUSTOM-BUILT TONY HUNT GUITAR! RARE! (A Tony Hunt custom bass will be available in a few weeks!)
For those of you who aren't familiar with luthier Tony Hunt, he crafted guitars in Arkansas during the 80's under the company name Classic, USA. There is not a lot written about him, but at one point he made two guitars for Nokie Edwards of the Ventures to his specifications and a bass for Bob Bogle. If I'm not mistaken he was also an authorized Gibson luthier.
In the case is a note from Tony on Hunt stationary dated 5/12 (no year). In it he says "We kept the power down to about 5,800 for max clarity. We can give you more volume if you want it." My brother never had it altered. Also in the case is an allen wrench and the mounting instructions from the Kahler tremelo.
Life happens..but here are the pics of my Hunt Guitar. I bought it at a music store called M.A.E in Davie Florida. No one at the store knew anything about it. I just liked the way it looked. It was my "daily driver"..I was playing about 250 shows with this axe.
[/img]

















.
.



2) 1把 Pro Classic Hunt guitar 在 eBay 賣, 背後也沒有 Hunt 的招牌防刮貼布。

兩把
Pro Classic, Classic都是 Tony Hunt 自創的品牌。
Wally; my band member friend's Tony Hunt Pro Classic. He ordered this guitar directly from Tony 20 some years ago.




3) 這把是Nokie 賣給 Tokyo Ventures 的吉他手的另一把: 我唯一找到的照片﹕吉他手叫 Okamoto﹐是我日本朋友提供給我的。


1980's custom shop on eBay:
".....This item is a Custom Hunt electric guitar - Walnut Ridge Model - Other than that I can say that this guitar is in above average condition...no scratches, dents or dings.also there is a engraved tag on the back - La Derniere Chanson - ( translated means "The Last Song" ) I have no doubt this guitar was built for someone special ( but I have no idea who )....I believe this guitar wasbuilt in the late 60's & it comes with case it also has all kahler hardware...Solid walnut.."

1978 eBay listing asking $5000

".....This is a rare vintage 1978 hand crafted Tony Hunt Custom guitar finished in Carnival Burst from my personal collection. This the only one of this kind that I've seen. Condition is near mint with the usual nitro finish checking for a guitar of it's age. One of the back pad snaps is broken. Dated and signed by Tony on the back of the headstock. Features a pair of Gretsch pickups that sound awesome. The white mini toggle is for spit and phase, with the red mini toggle being a kill switch. This guitar is a work of art. Tony built guitars here in central Arkansas, and the number of guitars he made is low. I don't know if he is still building because I haven't seen him in a long time. Tony built guitars for Mosrite and others. He also built guitars for the Ventures, and story has it that this one was used on one of their tours. You can get more info if you google Tony Hunt Guitars. Comes with hardshell case to protect her. Don't miss out on this guitar before I come to my senses!....."
This one is on eBay (10/10/09) asking for over $9495!

Description on eBay:
"......I collect guitars for many reasons.
All of those reasons apply to this guitar.
As with all art, there are unique and rare pieces that were created by an artist who, for whatever reason-mostly economic, simply stopped. That certainly appears to be the situation with Tony (Anthony) Hunt. The blog posts listed below give a good, concise, history of this luthier. He was an artist (and still remains an artist-but inactive now). When offered this guitar by a dealer about ten years ago, I bought it immediately based on the pictures that he mailed to me. It held this fascination for me from the beginning because it is made of TEAKWOOD. A bit unusual in my experience. Once I received the guitar, I declared it a PERFECT guitar. It is a piece of art.
The wood is spectacular and the craftsmanship is unbelievable.
Even though it is enough for me to just hold it as an object of art, the sound quality of the guitar makes it a joy to play as well. The electronics are very well done as is the structure of the guitar (neck curve, body style, fretboard, frets etc).
An essential component of collecting is the acquisition of pieces that are special in terms of rarity in supply, craftsmanship, quality, celebrity connection, condition, and other factors. This guitar is special. If you are only a guitar player, then this is not the guitar for you perhaps. There are many excellent o(boutiqueo- guitars available today that will play better than this one especially McInturff pieces) but none will be a piece of art that will be treasured as such. It is tragic maybe that Mr. Hunt stopped making guitars (this was one was made for a doctor in his community)
commercially but it is very fortunate that he made this guitar for all of us to admire and respect......"
DETAILS:
BRAND: HUNT.
MODEL: SERIES 1, BALI' HA'I'
BODY: TEAKWOOD.
BODY FINISH: Natural.
NECK: TEAKWOOD.
FRETBOARD: TEAKWOOD.
FRETS: Jumbo.
PICKUPS: DUAL CUSTOM WOUND by Mr. Hunt. Humbucker style. NOTE: CUSTOM
WOOD COVERS ON PICKUPS.
TUNERS: GROVER IMPERIAL
CASE: Not sure that it is original but is in excellent condition.
OVERALL CONDITION: PRISTINE. Please look at the photos here to satisfy
yourself about it condition. Note. One small crack on headstock that is fully secure.
This one was on eBay 2/7/10. Started at $2500, did not sell
CUSTOM-BUILT TONY HUNT GUITAR! RARE! (A Tony Hunt custom bass will be available in a few weeks!)
For those of you who aren't familiar with luthier Tony Hunt, he crafted guitars in Arkansas during the 80's under the company name Classic, USA. There is not a lot written about him, but at one point he made two guitars for Nokie Edwards of the Ventures to his specifications and a bass for Bob Bogle. If I'm not mistaken he was also an authorized Gibson luthier.
You can read about Tony Hunt guitars at: http://www.vintaxe.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=691
I am selling this for my brother who has been playing/collecting for over 40 years. He had Tony make him this guitar in the 80's after meeting Nokie for the first time and hearing about his guitar. Tony was just getting into his "classic" mode--semi-mosrite body style (pun intended) with an inline headstock. With the strat-like pickup setup and toggle switches you can get a wide range of sounds. And he even used a Kahler Dive Bomber tremelo unit--the old style, not the later ones. Hence the string locks and back end fine tuning setup. There is some minor surface rust in this area that you can see in the photos. This was a true 'custom-built' guitar and you won't see another exactly like it. My brother's comment was "I'm not famous, but the guitar should be!" In the case is a note from Tony on Hunt stationary dated 5/12 (no year). In it he says "We kept the power down to about 5,800 for max clarity. We can give you more volume if you want it." My brother never had it altered. Also in the case is an allen wrench and the mounting instructions from the Kahler tremelo.
Kahler tremolo--- the original, not the later one.
String lock and 6 knobs at the back of the vibrato unit for fine tuning
Three single coil pickups, custom-wound by Tony Hunt.
Volume and tone control and a toggle for each pickup.
Straplock
Four bolt neck.
Rosewood fingerboard.
My brother’s name is on the headstock as the model name. I’ve covered it up for this ad.
The guitar weighs 8 lb., 8.3 oz. Total weight with case is 17 lb., 5 oz.
The original case is in excellent condition inside. It has a bit of damage to the outside cover, but no holes in the case, and the latches all work perfectly.
The color is Candy Apple Red with a gold base, giving it this distinctive color. There are some buckle scratches on the back and the finish shows some checking. On the front there is a scratch and a small dent. There is a little bit of damage below the headstock from hanging brackets, but very small and not very noticeable. There is also slight scuffing on the top edge of the headstock. The neck is straight, the frets are excellent. No repairs have been necessary and it has been kept in a smoke-free studio all this time. You may want to have the pickup height adjusted to your preferences.
*************
[/img]
















..
沒有留言:
張貼留言